As with any framework, React comes with its own set of best practices and optimal patterns. Let’s explore some tips for writing robust React code:
Break components into reusable, composable units:
This encourages reusability.
Unidirectional Data Flow
Follow the one-way data flow paradigm:
- State is passed down as props
- Events bubble up to trigger state changes
This prevents cascading updates across components.
Enable Strict Mode during development to catch common issues:
Strict mode checks for deprecated lifecycles, unsafe practices, and more.
ESLint & Prettier
Use ESLint and Prettier to enforce consistent code style. Common plugins include:
- Modular components for reusability
- Unidirectional data flow
- Strict Mode for catching issues
- ESLint & Prettier for consistent style
Following React best practices leads to apps that are scalable, robust and maintainable.